TRAIN TO BECOME A MEDIATOR
This course meets National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS) requirements for national accreditation.
Sydney Monday 11th September to Friday 15th September 2017
BOOK TODAY! Class sizes are strictly limited
Train in interMEDIATE Dispute Management’s unique model of mediation, which combines the facilitative and transformative models and adds an important educational component to help parties to self reflect for a better understanding of their current situation and more robust outcomes.
Parties are provided useful tools for effective communication and greatly improves their relationship, during the session and for all their future relationships. This powerful model helps ensure positive results and agreements that each party can truly live with.
5 Consecutive Days intensive Mediation Training, for executives, directors, psychologists, lawyers and other professionals. Done as 5 consecutive days training (then for those who require Australian National Accreditation of the Mediation Standards Board (MSB) as a Mediator – 2 days – one for revision, practice and role plays and the second for accreditation videoing, booked separately, see below).
Those who are involved in resolving workplace disputes and conflict, such as cyber bullying, will be assisted by this mediation course to prepare for assessment and national accreditation as a professional mediator. The course has been designed to ensure that all requirements of the approval standards under the National Accreditation System are met and all specified minimum training surpassed. As a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB), interMEDIATE Dispute Management trains and accredits mediators under the National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS).Essential Skills Learned:
- Conceptual skills used in analysis, evaluation and planning
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills in presenting, obtaining information, facilitating, establishing and maintaining confidence of all parties, in a culturally respectful way
- Skills in maintaining confidentiality and avoiding confidentiality breaches
- Skills in creating an emotionally safe and empathic environment
- Employment of culturally appropriate and respectful practices
- Working with other professionals, including subject matter experts and interpreters
- Time management skills
- Assess the suitability of early intervention processes such as mediation, facilitation, group conferencing and conflict management coaching (mediation for one)
- Adequately prepare employees and parties to be engaged, empowered and participate in the conflict resolution or dispute management process as a party, develop competence in collaborating with other parties within Human Resource management process when a case is suitable for local level intervention, rather than the fear and destruction caused by the overuse of disciplinary processes
- Taking Intial Enquiries from parties, managers or others requesting services
- Contacting each party and explaining the benefits of mediation
- Initial Assessment – ensuring suitability of parties and the dispute for the mediation process, understanding the issues from each party’s perspective, coaching them to a level where they are able to work effectively in the process
- Organising the mediation – times, venues, parties
- Preparing documentation
- Preparing the mediation room
- Running the process smoothly, impartially, effectively
- Maintaining confidentiality, respect and effective communication in the mediation room
- Learning and using tools to educate parties in greater communication, self reflection, self resolution and relationship skills
- Preparing documents ready for signing at the completion of the mediation
- Drafting and printing preparing Mediated Agreements
Who is this course suitable for?
- HR Directors/Managers
- Board Chairs
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders
- School Principals, executive teachers
- and anyone else who needs to needs to assist people in conflict to find peaceful and effective resolution
Independent Trainer’s comments:
- “What I most admire is your commitment to excellence and to ethical practice and I am delighted to be working with you two and your Company because it also fills me with pride. Everything about the course was exemplary. Just terrific.” Dr. Peter O.
Some Students’ Comments:
- “Professional, thorough preparation. Well balanced program. Great leaders working well together. Very relaxed, friendly, always encouraged to fully participate.” Peter D
- “Inclusive, friendly, very knowledgeable professional presenters.” Mercedes M
- “Interactive and engaging. Great experience.” Josephine G
- “Well paced, informative. Great to hear experts talking. Skilful encouraging coaches.” Mark K
- “There was an end goal, with all the practice and feedback.” Janice K.
- “Thoroughly professional trainers and coaches and process. It restored my faith that resolving conflicts is really possible, even when it may seem impossible. Jean- Marcel and Naomi’s enthusiasm is infectious.” Dr. Margo O
Early bird discount available!!!
Do you want to Learn More about the course? Fill in your details below to get more information