Do you want DATES, PRICING, and to LEARN MORE about the course? Please fill in your details below to get more information
Early bird price is just $2400 plus GST. Book NOW!
The course has been designed to ensure that all requirements of the approval standards under the National Accreditation System are met.
As a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB), interMEDIATE Dispute Management trains and accredits mediators under the National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS).
5 Consecutive Days intensive Face to Face Mediation Training, for executives, directors, psychologists, lawyers and other professionals, who assist people in dispute to resolve their issues peacefully and effectively.
For those who successfully complete the course and who require Australian National Accreditation of the Mediation Standards Board (MSB) as a Mediator, a further 2 days training is offered– one for revision, practice and role plays and the second for accreditation videoing (booked and paid for separately).
The interMEDIATE Dispute Management model of mediation is not just facilitative, it is also Transformative and Educative. Mediators Parties are provided useful tools for effective communication, for improving party relationships, for understanding and improving their conflict style and thinking, during the session and for all other relationships. This powerful model helps ensure positive results and robust agreements that each party can truly live with.
Those who are involved in resolving workplace disputes and conflict, such as cyber bullying, will be assisted by this mediation course to prepare for assessment and national accreditation as a professional mediator. The course has been designed to ensure that all requirements of the approval standards under the National Accreditation System are met and all specified minimum training surpassed. As a Recognised Mediator Accreditation Body (RMAB), interMEDIATE Dispute Management trains and accredits mediators under the National Mediation Accreditation Standards (NMAS).Essential Skills Learned:
- Conceptual skills used in analysis, evaluation and planning
- Problem solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Communication skills in presenting, obtaining information, facilitating, establishing and maintaining confidence of all parties, in a culturally respectful way
- Skills in maintaining confidentiality and avoiding confidentiality breaches
- Skills in creating an emotionally safe and empathetic environment
- Employment of culturally appropriate and respectful practices
- Working with other professionals, including subject matter experts and interpreters
- Time management skills
- Assess the suitability of early intervention processes such as mediation, facilitation, group conferencing and conflict management coaching (mediation for one)
- Adequately prepare employees and parties to be engaged, empowered and participate in the conflict resolution or dispute management process as a party, develop competence in collaborating with other parties within Human Resource management process when a case is suitable for local level intervention, rather than the fear and destruction caused by the overuse of disciplinary processes
- Taking Initial Enquiries from parties, managers or others requesting services
- Contacting each party and explaining the benefits of mediation
- Initial Assessment – ensuring suitability of parties and the dispute for the mediation process, understanding the issues from each party’s perspective, coaching them to a level where they are able to work effectively in the process
- Organising the mediation – times, venues, parties
- Preparing documentation
- Preparing the mediation room
- Running the process smoothly, impartially, effectively
- Maintaining confidentiality, respect and effective communication in the mediation room
- Learning and using tools to educate parties in greater communication, self reflection, self resolution and relationship skills
- Preparing documents ready for signing at the completion of the mediation
- Drafting and printing preparing Mediated Agreements
Who is this course suitable for?
- HR Directors/Managers
- Board Chairs
- Managers, supervisors and team leaders
- School Principals, executive teachers
- and anyone else who needs to needs to assist people in conflict to find peaceful and effective resolution
Not only do we have the highly acclaimed model of mediation unique to interMEDIATE Dispute Management training, we have secured the most sought-after trainers:
- Professor Laurence Boulle, Bond University Lecturer, ADR Author, Practicing Mediator
and Mediation trainer.
- Janice McLeay, Master of Dispute Resolution, former NSW Industrial Relations Commissioner, Practicing Mediator and Mediation trainer.
- Dr Peter O’Brien, Doctor of Education, ADR Lecturer, Practicing Mediator and Mediation trainer.
- Valerie Sinclair current co-chair of the Resolution Institute NSW Chapter and former President of the Australian Dispute Resolution Association (ADRA). At ADRA, she developed a Code of Conduct for Mediators and regular seminars for practitioners. Practicing Mediator and Mediation trainer
- Naomi Holtring, Master of Dispute Resolution, former Vice President ADRA, Naomi assisted in
the development of the Mediator Complaints Handling Process adopted by NMAS. Practicing Mediator and Mediation trainer. 12+ years’ experience training and mediation.TESTIMONIALSIndependent Trainer’s comments:
“What I most admire is your commitment to excellence and to ethical practice and I am delighted to be working with you two and your Company because it also fills me with pride. Everything about the course was exemplary. Just terrific.” Dr. Peter O.
- Some Students’ Comments:
- “Professional, thorough preparation. Well balanced program. Great leaders working well together. Very relaxed, friendly, always encouraged to fully participate.” Peter D
- “Inclusive, friendly, very knowledgeable professional presenters.” Mercedes M
- “Interactive and engaging. Great experience.” Josephine G
- “Well paced, informative. Great to hear experts talking. Skilful encouraging coaches.” Mark K
- “There was an end goal, with all the practice and feedback.” Janice K.
- “Thoroughly professional trainers and coaches and process. It restored my faith that resolving conflicts is really possible, even when it may seem impossible. Jean- Marcel and Naomi’s enthusiasm is infectious.” Dr. Margo O